Monday, November 12, 2007

Uh Oh, Spaghettios

I just finished watching Google's YouTube videos for Android. I'll write up a more in-depth analysis later, but for now, some quick thoughts.

First impressions are that Google's Android does not look like some crappy open source software. It looks slick. It looks flexible. You would not be able to tell the difference from a Nokia or Blackberry. In fact, it looks better than those device's OS's.

I'm thinking about the possibilities of Android, then looking at my iPhone, which doesn't yet have a version of Sudoku on it that I can play on my commute. It seems the iPhone has competition. Not HTC Touch competition, no, this is serious competition. I'm sure Steve Jobs will eventually respond--maybe he already has with the Apple SDK.

All I can say is, I'm waiting, Apple, and I've been waiting for 5 months now (see previous post). You got me for 1.5 more years. Show me what else your phone can do.






No comments:

Post a Comment